Thursday, August 8, 2013

Let's Back Way Up... all the way to LAST September!



Okay, my sister did something on her blog to catch up that I think I can handle.  She just did one post for each month and mostly had pictures with a little blurb.  I can do that!  We're going to go all the way back to September 2012 because we need to introduce PAIGE!

But before we can get to her, we need to cover a few other things that happened earlier in the month.

The state fair - lots of food, walking and fun! 
(We did get a picture of all of us, but it has become the infamous saggy boob picture and I'd rather not share it for the world to see)

We finally got Maisie's "big girl" room set up... how many people can say they moved into their big girl/boy room at 6 months old?!
(The room wasn't finished still.... perhaps I should take a finished picture)

Maisie had her 1st solid food - pears.  I made homemade baby food and was very proud of myself!

Matt's work was trying to get the new Vikings stadium so we did a special movie at Target Field - where the Twins play.  It was really hot that day!  Oh, and they did get the contract!

 Later in the month we went to a Twins game with Matt's work - box seats!  
(This was less than 2 weeks before Paige's arrival)

 Me on my due date... look at that belly...
2 days before Paige was born


 My mom came into town on the 25th and that night we went for a long walk.  All along I was telling people that I hoped Paige would come on the 26th (two days after my due date) because my mom got here the night of the 25th and then she could be home with Maisie while Matt was at the hospital with me.  And I got my wish!

Paige Elizabeth
September 26th at 2:28PM
8 lb. 4 oz. and 21 inches long

My delivery went super quickly... we were only in the hospital for about 40 minutes before she made her entrance!  I labored at home for a couple of hours because I didn't want to be sent home.  I was also wanted to do things naturally and I figured if I was at home there wasn't any option to wimp out and change my mind. Good thing I didn't want drugs because there wasn't any time!



Some local ladies make hats for all the babies at the hospital and you can pick one out... I chose an apple because it was September and she looked adorable!

 Daddy daughter bonding
 My mom and baby Paige

 My mom brought Maisie and we had some quality time doing Maisie's favorite thing - reading books.

 Before going home

Paige sleeping at home - she was a champ sleeper at the beginning, starting off with 4 hour stretches in the hospital and at home!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Loved the post and pictures! Paige and Taylor almost were the same weight and height off by 1 oz.