Saturday, August 17, 2013

October


October was a busy month adjusting to two babies 7 months apart.  Thank goodness my mom was here for almost the entire month!


Maisie had what I liked to call the double rat tails in the back.  It's a little difficult to see in the picture, but she has two long "tails" of hair on either side and nothing in the middle.  I had been wanting to cut it, but hadn't.  Luckily my mom talked me into just doing it one night.  It looked much better afterwards!

So I thought this was a picture, but you can see the back of her hair in this video.

Unfortunately we really don't have any good pictures of Paige's 1st bath, but this one cracks me up.  She looks terrified!  (Sorry it's blurry)

On the 11th we were FINALLY able to finalize Maisie's adoption.  It was a wonderful day, but we were looking forward to when we could have her sealed to us!
(Mom, Matt, Maisie, Lindsay, Paige, Judge who finalized)
Once again sorry for the blurry picture, our attorney took the picture and didn't do a great job.

Sisters
The following are some attempts at pictures of the sisters together... trying to get 2 babies to look cute in one picture is impossible.

They're so far apart because Maisie caught my mom's cold - her 1st cold ever.  Luckily with gallons of hand sanitizer Paige never caught it!





Paige Montage - Cute pictures of Paige

Big Smiles

This hat was too cute!

Being a baby is hard work!


Her favorite position for me to hold in - draped over my arm.

Notice the red mark on her head?  That's from her binky!

Paige really getting into the Halloween spirit and acting like a zombie!

Now for a little Maisie

Maisie loved this car at Buy Buy Baby, but it was over $100!!  Luckily I found it at a used baby store for like $40 in time for Christmas!


Maisie learned to get up on all fours and rock back and forth.

More of October happenings 

Some daddy daughter time

My cat tormented my mother the entire time she was here.  Of course on the day she was going to leave the cat jumped in her lap and wanted to be nice!  I was so sad to see my mom leave and was very scared to attempt everything on my own.

Halloween

Cute pumpkin pajamas with their little pumpkins

Ward Halloween party - two farmers (if you look closely I have a green thumb), a bee, and a flower

On actual Halloween we took the girls to about 3 houses on our street just to say hi and happy Halloween!  Everyone loved the girls in their costumes.


A few other things from the month:
  1. Paige had her 1st bottle 
  2. Many, many thanks to my mother who was the laundry/bottle washing/cleaning/diaper changing/dishes doing/cooking fairy for us.  We sure missed her when she left!


1 comment:

Bruce and Liss said...

YAHOOOOO!!! Lindsay, I am so excited to see updates and pictures of your cute family! Both of your girls are beautiful. Can't wait for more stories and pictures.... Love and miss you. Hope you are well.