Sunday, August 25, 2013

December

Monthly Updates:
Click here for September
Click here for October
Click here for November

We're almost done with 2012!

December will be broken up into two posts because it would be too long for one!

We were finally able to bless Maisie because her adoption was finalized.  We decided to do it here in MN because we wanted the birth family to be able to come.  Maisie's birth grandparents and uncle came to the blessing.  Matt did a wonderful job and gave her such a sweet blessing.

 Uncle Robert, Grandma Kathy, and Grandpa Bob

Our little family
(Sorry about the terrible lighting)


We visited our friends Jake and Holly and they had gigantic stockings, so we had a little fun!

Paige could have gotten lost in the stocking!


Gym Days - A girl in our ward started a weekly play group in the gym at church since it was too cold to play outside.  Everyone brought their ride on toys and the kids went to town!  It actually started in November, but I didn't have any pictures of it.

Maisie loved this toy!  I didn't mind it either because I didn't have to kill my back trying to push her around!


SNOW - lots of it!

 Taken at noon 


Taken at 8PM the same day... so much snow!


Our Christmas decorations, we decided it wasn't worth getting a real tree only for a few weeks, so we have a tiny tree that worked just great!

 The mantle with the Noel sign I made (it was about a 30 minute craft, the only kind of craft I'll ever finish), beautiful nativity from Ashley, Matt's stocking, my stocking, Chase and Libby's stockings, and Chase and Libby's ornaments.
Notice Maisie and Paige don't have stockings... my grandma made stockings for everyone, but passed away earlier in the year.  I'm not really a crafty person so I found someone on Etsy to make them... but it was a scam!  Luckily I got my money back, but now I still don't have stockings for the girls...

Our tree... the ornaments are really weighing it down!


We did a photo shoot of Maisie to make gifts for her birth family.  Here are a few cute shots!

 We gave the birth mother a frame with three pictures and Masisie was holding an "I" in the 1st picture, this heart in the second, and a "U" in the third.  It turned out really cute.

We gave a framed picture to the birth grandparents along with a few other little things.


Ward Christmas Party - unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the party itself, but I did have Matt take a picture of the girls and I once we got home!

It's not easy holding a 9 month old and a 3 month old.
(And yes, our tree is fiberoptic!)


Christmas with Maisie's birth family.  You are always guaranteed a good time when you are with them and the girls are guaranteed to be spoiled!

 Look at all these gifts!  Sorry about the poor lighting, but Maisie's face cracks me up!



Then we were off to CA for a fun Christmas with my side of the family!

Matt and Maisie in the airport... although you can't see their faces you know it's them because of Maisie's signature "whale sprout" pony tail!

No comments: