Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Weekly Weekend Update - The Extended Version


Thursday - We had Joe, Naomi and their kids over for dinner because their house was all packed up.

Friday - We went to a going away party for Joe and Naomi.  We can't believe they are headed to Arkansas and will miss them! Luckily they'll only be gone a year.  I can't count the number of times that Matt has told me he will miss them.  Matt and I both love their family.

Saturday - We were supposed to be at the temple, but Jack hadn't been eating for the past two days so Matt headed to the temple and I took Jack to the vet.  He had a shot earlier in the week and apparently it left him feeling pretty poor.  He got some fluids and now he's doing great.  Saturday night was our ward Halloween party.  Matt and I dressed up as a cowboy and a cowgirl.  We don't have any pictures of our entire costumes, but we did belts, boots to top off our outfits!  We started off with some chili, rolls, salad, and dessert.  We then had a costume parade and some carnival games.  Matt and I were in charge of the bean bag toss and it was fun, but also chaotic. We then had the trunk or treat to end the night.  We had a great time.

We were eating dinner in this picture
This picture cracked me up!  We obviously weren't quite ready for the picture.
We were told to say, "Howdy!"  I was in the middle of talking and I have no idea what Matt is doing!
This picture isn't the best of me - I'm a little too happy!
I think I was laughing because I knew that I looked like a fool in the first picture.


Sunday - We went to church and then headed home for dinner.  Matt received a new calling this week - Young Men's President.  He will definitely be busy, but I know that he will do an amazing job.

Monday - I cleaned all day and Matt worked.  We then went to Dan and Laura's for dinner and fun.  Jake and Holly brought some delicious chili, we brought cornbread and Dan and Laura made apple cake.  If you've never had apple cake you are missing out - it is to die for!  Dan's co-worker, Andy and his wife Jessie came also.  We had fun eating and visiting and then we headed outside to visit around the bonfire.  It was a great Halloween!

Here's Jack feeling much better and posing with his Halloween pumpkin
Jake and Holly, Andy and Jessie, Matt and I, Laura (Dan's taking the picture)

No comments: