Friday, April 13, 2012

Maisie Elaine


Back in November we discovered that a selfless, beautiful, birth mother had chosen us!  She and her parents were extremely thoughtful and made the entire experience better than we ever could have hoped.  For example, when they told us that they were going to choose us they surprised us with a gift - some onsies, a beautiful handmade blanket, some hats, and a teddy bear.  They also surprised with a cookie cake because they read that I loved cookie cake and to top it all off they had the ultrasound done to find out the gender but waited to find out with us!  We opened the envelope and discovered we were going to have a beautiful little girl!  We were thrilled and I was able to attend all of her doctor appointments from that point on.  I was even able to be in the delivery room when sweet Maisie was born.  We feel so grateful and lucky to have been paired with such an amazing birth mother.

Maisie was born on March 3rd and weighed 7 lb. 15 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.  She had a full head of dark hair and still does!  Matt and I were able to stay in a room in the hospital and have Maisie with us at night.  She fooled into thinking I had the best sleeping baby ever because she would sleep for a 5 five hour stretch!  I was wondering what all those new parents were complaining about - this was easy!  However, by the time we got home she was no longer sleeping that long at all... it was more of a 2 to 3 hour stretch and boy does that wear on you!  Luckily I think we might officially be back to a 5 hour stretch!  We love this little girl more than we could have ever imagined and can't imagine our life without her.  She brings so much joy and really is the cutest baby I've ever seen!

I have to thank my mother for coming out for two weeks and making my life so much easier!  She would take the baby anywhere from 6AM to 7AM and let me sleep in, she washed a million bottles, made us gourmet meals - including a dinner for 6 friends, did many loads of laundry, bought us some groceries, helped entertain me during the day, and so much more.  I love my mom so much and appreciate all that she did, I was extremely worried about what I would do when she left!

And now for the fun part, the pictures!

In the hospital with the blanket her biological grandmother made for her
In the hospital wearing a hat her birth mother made her
Not the best picture of me, but one of the few we have of her and me at the hospital
Proud Daddy
Her signature pose

While my mom was here we were going to have a photographer come, but she had to cancel.  So my mom and I decided we attempt our own photo shoot.  It didn't go as I had envisioned, but we did end up with a few decent ones. 

My mom's friend made this adorable cocoon for Maisie
I had envisioned her all snuggled and sleeping, but instead she was wide awake and her arms and legs were flailing everywhere!
Jack decided to show her how it's done.
A cute little smile

3 comments:

katie said...

I love that last picture of her smile! We are so happy for your family. I hope things are going well and I hear Grandma H. will be out to help soon. I was wondering where the name Elaine comes from?

Matt and Lindsay said...

Katie - things are going really well. She's starting to sleep for at least one 4 hour stretch, but lately it's been 5 to 6 hours! For the most part she's a really good baby. We're really excited for Grandma H. to come out and see Maisie. Elaine is the birth mother's and biological grandmother's middle name.

sandi said...

Lindsay!! congrats!! she is beautiful!! thanks for sharing all the sweet pictures!